December 13, 2009

These Insights I Have Gained In The School Life...

My school life has been full of insights that has taught me more about life in general. For instance, through school I learned that gossip hurts the ones' they love, everyone and never helps, love can be found in your friends, the world moves quickly, prayer is a great way to relieve stress, Jesus Christ is always present, and one tends to hurt
Me at a convention. It symbolizes life moving too fast and how everything becomes a blur and nothing is truly seen. (really my mom did not know how to work the camera)

I learned how gossip hurts by being at the other end of it all. What I mean is in my life at high school rumors have been spread about me that are not true. But seeing how all of the gossip said between friends grow and become more and more incorrect has shown me how in an instant one small thing can affect another's life. The reason I was so self-conscious was due to gossip that was said about me behind my back. Of course it was through these time that my friends' love shined on me. They showed me that they did not care what others were saying about me because they knew the real me. My friends have always shown support for me and have always been there when I needed someone to comfort me.

Friends and me after a mud fight and a flag football game.


Wesley and me. He's basically my brother!

This love portrayed through friends though is also another lesson that I learned that was not easy to take in. There were some times in my life where I hurt the ones I loved; my family and my friends. I do not really know why I would hurt them but every now and then I would. Sometimes it was on purpose, but sometimes it was on accident and they got hurt because they misinterpreted what I was saying.


My sisters, cousins, and I on Christmas.

Going to a private high school I learned a lot more about God. One thing is I learned how to pray better, which made me realize how relaxing prayer is and how good I feel after I have prayed. I would use prayer whenever my life got tough, whether that be in my family or school related, in order to relieve my stress and calm myself down. Through this process I also learned how Jesus is ever present and can be found in almost anything I do. Going to a private school has really helped me grow closer with my relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment