December 13, 2009

These Scripture Texts Have Lit My Path...


Taken by me at the Tulip Festival

Every night I read a different verse in the Bible. It has truly been one of my greatest lifesavers. The Bible is full of great scripture but there are several that I have kept close to my heart more than others.

One that got me through all my struggles was Philippians 4:13. It reads "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". This scripture taught me that my faith is the strongest thing I can have in my life. Whenever I lose it, I am sure to be lost as well. It shows that no matter what, if I believe in Christ I will have the strength to overcome whatever I face.

Another verse that I have lived by has taught me what love is. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 says "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres". Reading this verse has reassured me that love is a great thing. 1 Corinthians 13: 13 states, "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love". I feel love can help conquer anything and without it in one's life, their life would not be worth living.


When dealing with self-image problems I turned to the Bible for answers that no one else would tell me. I immediately was able to find the verse 1 Peter 3: 3-4. It read, "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight". My eyes instantly had tears in them. I had been waiting for an answer like this for what seemed a lifetime. I had heard it from others, like my friends, but it is different when you find them out on your own as well. I realized then and there that I was beautiful because God created me, not because of what I looked like physically, but from what I looked like on the inside as well. This scripture helped me wake up every morning and get out of bed and face another day.

All these verses have really and truly helped light my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment