December 13, 2009

These Risks I Took...


Wooden swinging bridge out to Lover's Leap

I have not taken all too many risks in my lifetime. But I have for sure taken a few. One is to act myself around everyone. I hate it when people pretend to be somebody they are not and I do not want to be a person that I would hate. Some might not say this is a risk, but in reality, to express yourself is the greatest risk of all. Society and the media have created a certain way people should act and have shown that any other way would be different. Well, no one wants to be different; we all just want to blend in rather than stick out. I do not necessarily like to stick out but I also do not like to blend in. I want to be me and no one else, so I try to show the real me to everyone I meet, and I do not care anymore about what people think. In the end the person has to like me for being me not someone else. I also tend to take a risk when I start pushing myself too hard. I always tell myself that I can to do better than what I am. In doing this I get overwhelmed and everything just piles on top of me. The risk of the matter is, that all the things I keep trying to do and do better could end up crushing me and I would not be able to do any of it anymore. When I am pushing myself too hard I feel like a wooden swinging bridge. I become completely shaky and feel like I could come crashing down at any moment. Sometimes I would feel like I was completely squeezed, but had to be because it was the only way to move on.

Me and my sister squeezing through the rocks to continue on the path. It was the only way!

No comments:

Post a Comment